Since its inception in 1964, the membership of the Professional Golfers’ Association has experienced steady growth. This growth has stemmed from a commitment by the Association to improve its status within each of its communities.
One of the main focuses of the PGA of Alberta has been Junior Golf. Alberta Golf Professionals use their expertise to create, organize and facilitate junior-oriented events. The Scholarship Program is one more step in the overall development of our current programming.
The mission of the PGA of Alberta is to provide junior golfers from around the province the opportunity to be recognized for their outstanding achievements, while promoting and providing access to continued education. This program has presented 45 scholarships since 1998.
For 2017, there will be 4 Junior Scholarships of $1,000 each awarded to four deserving candidates. Two of these scholarships will be awarded to children of PGA of Alberta Members (no golf experience needed) and the other two will be awarded to selected Alberta Junior boys or girls, who meet the below criteria.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
1. High School and/or Post Secondary Academic Achievements (Applicable for both scholarships).
2. Golf History (Applicable for golf specific scholarship only).
3. Work and Volunteer Experience (Applicable for both scholarships).
4. Financial Need (Applicable for both scholarships).
5. Resident of Alberta (Applicable for both scholarships).
Requirements (Junior Golf):
The following requirements must be met before completing the Application form:
1. Applicants must be applying for admission into a full-time program at a post secondary institution
in the same year as the deadline.
2. Applicants must be affiliated with a PGA of Alberta approved facility (for golf specific criteria).
3. Applicants must be 18 years or younger, as of August 4 of the application year.
4. Applicants cannot win this scholarship more than once.
Requirements (Children of PGA of Alberta Members):
1. Applicants must be applying for admission or attending a full-time program at a post secondary institution
in the same year as the deadline.
2. Children of PGA of Alberta Members do not have to be affiliated with a PGA of Alberta facility
3. Applicants must be 25 years of age or younger on August 31, 2016.
4. Applicants cannot win this scholarship more then twice.
Accompanying the Application Form:
1. Applicants must fully complete the scholarship application form.
2. Applicants must include a transcript of their marks from their high school or last year of post secondary.
3. Applicants must include a professionally taken head and shoulders color photograph. (5x7 or digital copy)
Scholarships will be directed to the institutions of the selected recipients.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION FORM
Scholarship application forms & accompanying information must be sent to the PGA of Alberta Office no later than
Monday, August 14th at 8:00AM
PGA Family - Geoff Fry (Greg Griffith - Fox Hollow GC) & Chris Horton (Paul Horton - Golf Academy @ Heritage Pointe)
Golf Specific - Claire Emery (Glencoe G&CC) & Celine Copeland (Willow Park G&CC)
PGA Family - Chantele Broderson (Kevin Broderson - Lacombe G&CC) & Melanie Murchison (Bill Murchison - PGA Member)
Golf Specific - Bria Jansen (River Spirit GC) & Matthew Kadatz (Willow Park G&CC)
PGA Family - Natalie Westman (Scott Westman - PGA Member) & Brodie Wilson (John Wilson - PGA Member)
Golf Specific - Austin Biletsky (Strathmore GC), Eric Field (Silver Springs G&CC) & Brett Pasula (Red Deer G&CC)
Erin Martens, Windermere G&CC & Kattereya Kennedy, Highwood G&CC
Megan Paul, Canyon Meadows G&CC & Dylan Wilson, Heritage Pointe GC
Andrew Ritchot, Henderson Lake GC& Jordan Moe, Canyon Meadows G&CC
Madison Pederson, Country Hills GC & Melissa Saken, Edson GC
Travis Kemp, Lethbridge GC & Riley Miller, Brooks GC
Chris Cooke, Canmore G&CC & Brett MacGillivary, Stony Plain GC