Champions Tour - Pre-Qualifier
|Event Date:||July 29, 2022|
|Waiting List:||0 attendees
Waiting list is empty.
|Location:||Valley Ridge Golf Club|
11618 Valley Ridge Park NW
Calgary, AB T3B 5L4
|2022 PGA TOUR Champions Associate Member or Korn Ferry Tour Veteran Member eligible for Event Qualif:||$150.00|
|2022 PGA TOUR Champions Member:||$0.00|
|Non-Member Exempt to Event Qualifier:||$200.00|
|Pre-Qualifier - Current Associate Member of PGA TOUR Champions or PGA of America Member or Apprentic:||$150.00|
|Pre-Qualifier – Other Professional or Amateur:||$200.00|
|Payment Deadline:||July 22, 2022 @4:00PM|
|Payment Deadline:||July 22, 2022 @4:00PM Deadline to withdraw before penalty|
|Registration Deadline:||July 22, 2022 @4:00PM|
EVENT PRE-QUALIFIER Details
Valley Ridge GC
Friday, July 29th, 2022
Start Time - 8:30am T/T
Tee Box: Blue Tee’s -Approx 6390 Yards
*Top 5 scores advance to Event Qualifier
Practice Rounds for registered players may be booked by calling Valley Ridge GC (403-221-9682) and sharing your name - Available from 6:00 PM onwards on: Thursday, July 28th - Back-9 Start.
Players who wish to drive the course in lieu of a Practice Round may do so in the same time frame - Available from 6:00 PM onwards on: Thursday, July 28th.
**You will have to Create/Submit request for an Account request on our Website to be able to register for this event**
A maximum of the low five (5) scorers from the Pre-Qualifier will gain entry into the Event Qualifier.
Each Event Qualifier will be conducted at 18-holes of stroke play. A maximum of the low four (4) scorers from the Event Qualifier will gain entry into the Official Tournament in accordance with applicable PGA TOUR Champions policies and procedures. There will be no alternates from the Event Qualifier. A Sudden-Death playoff will commence immediately following play in the event of ties to determine the qualifying positions. The number of Event Qualifier spots available will be posted prior to the commencement of play of the Event Qualifier. Each Event Qualifier will be conducted for all open, full-field tournaments by the respective local PGA of America Section and managed by the PGA TOUR Champions. The Rules of the USGA govern play, as modified by the PGA Champions. An allotment of Champions Tour Local Rules and Conditions of Competition (“Hard Cards”) will be available to competitors on-site. All decisions of the Rules Committee are final.
Amateur Access: The Event Qualifier is open to professionals only, age 50 and over. Amateurs are permitted to enter and compete in the Pre-Qualifier and maintain his/her amateur status. However, should an amateur competing in the Pre-Qualifier successfully qualify for the Event Qualifier, amateur status will be forfeited prior to entering the Event Qualifier. Amateurs who become professional specifically to enter the Event Qualifier and are not successful in qualifying may apply to the USGA for reinstatement of amateur status.
Event Qualifier Eligibility: The Event Qualifier will be limited to professional players aged 50+ in the following categories:
- The top 30 players and anyone tied for 30th position from the 2022 PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament
- Tournament Winners on the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions and Korn Ferry Tour (Tournaments awarding official victory status and those players eligible via the Team Tournament Winner Category on the PGA TOUR)
- PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions & Korn Ferry Tour Veteran Members (refer to Korn Ferry Tour Tournament Regulations) Those players finishing in 37th – 75th position on PGA TOUR Champions Official Points List from the 2021 season
- Those players finishing in 37th – 75th position on PGA TOUR Champions Official Points List from previous season
- Players who have earned one million dollars ($1,000,000) or more on PGA TOUR Champions
- DP World Tour Past Champions and Legends Tour Past Champions whose victories were considered official
- Players who Pre-Qualify and Event Qualify for an official PGA TOUR Champions event in the same week, will be exempt from Pre-Qualifying for the remainder of that season
- Any Event Qualifier competing in the immediately preceding cosponsored or approved event that would otherwise be required to compete in the Pre-Qualifier
Valley Ridge GC
Elbow Springs GC
If you have any other questions that you cannot find answers to please contact our office at 403.256.8894 or toll free at 1.888.866.6140 and we will be happy to assist you. Thanks again for your support, we look forward to seeing you this summer!