Each year the PGA of Alberta recognizes several Members and Industry Representatives for their achievements throughout the season and their career, as well as for their contributions to the Association and the Game of Golf.
Members and Industry Partners are given the opportunity to vote for deserving individuals in the following categories of Awards, presented to recipients at the Annual Awards Banquet in the fall.
Awards are also presented to Championship Winners and a Player of the Year is selected by a selected upon review of order of merit points, scoring averages, money earnings, and competition levels.
Lifetime Achievement Award
The PGA of Alberta introduced the Lifetime Achievement Awards, to recognize the professional careers and contributions made to the Profession and the Association.
PGA of Alberta Awards Process
- Based on application forms received by each Member who has been nominated by one of their peers or industry affiliates, their application is graded by an Awards Sub Committee.
- The Sub Committees for each Award are comprised of past winners of that particular Award.
- The 5 Nominees whose application ranks the highest from Members of the sub-committee are presented to the Selection Committee as Finalists.
- The Selection Committee is comprised of ten of the past Club Professional of the Year Award recipients.
- The Selection Committee reviews all Award Finalists submits confidential votes based on a point system.
- Awards are presented to the recipients with the most total accumulated points.
*Once a Member wins an award nationally, they cannot win in the same category again provincially