Registration for the 2021 Play Ability Tests (PAT) is now open! Take note of the PAT schedule by clicking the button below. There will be five PAT’s in total this season. Please pass this information on to anyone interested in becoming a member of the PGA of Alberta at your facility! For more information on the steps to become a member, please refer to the PGA of Canada Membership Roadmap.
About the PAT…
The PAT is standardized testing all Applicants must pass in order to be eligible to apply for membership. All prospective Applicants are required to register with the PGA of Canada prior to registering for a PAT in 2021. Once an application has been accepted, the PGA of Canada will notify the PGA of Alberta office that there is a new Applicant who will be attempting a PAT. The PAT’s are conducted by the Zones.
Prospective members must meet the following entrance requirements:
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or higher
- Currently working in the golf industry to be verified by your employer, and work a minimum of 400 hours per year
- Two reference letters, one from your employer and one from a PGA of Canada Class "A" Member
- Pass a sanctioned Play Ability Test
- Complete a police check with Sterling BackCheck Online
PAT Target Score...
- 1 round PAT (18 holes)
- No maximum number of attempts per year
- All PAT’s are open to all Applicants
- For Men, 49 years of age & under - the course rating plus 9
- For Men, 50 years of age & older - the course rating plus 11
- For Women, 49 years of age & under- the course rating plus 13
- For Women, 50 years of age & older - the course rating plus 15
Step 1 - Register online at pgaofcanada.com - The cost is $325 plus tax, which includes your 1st PAT attempt and is valid for one year from the date of the registration. After a year, you must re-register as an Applicant to register for and attempt a PAT.
Step 2 - Register online at pgaofcanada.com for all PAT’s - ($150 plus tax per each additional attempt)
If an Applicant is unsuccessful in each of their PAT attempts over the course of a season, those Applicants may try again the following season. Successful Applicants will pay membership dues for the upcoming season at that time.
Click Read More below for more information on the application process and the steps that need to be taken after becoming a member.