Professional Development Program
The Professional Development Award in Alberta is based on pre-defined measurable criteria and is designed to recognize PGA of Alberta Members who dedicate their time and demonstrate proven abilities in advancing the Association’s interests for the benefit of all Golf Professionals.
The yearly award given out at the Awards Banquet during the PGA of Alberta Buying Show will be for PD points accumulated from October of the previous year to the end of September. Every Buying Show begins a new year for the Professional Development Program.
The following are areas where points are awarded:
Employment & Education
- Attended Annual Buying Show (10 points)
- Attended Spring Seminar (10 points)
- Attended Professional Development Workshop (5 points/workshop)
- Completed Compensation Survey (5 points)
- Participated in Sanctioned PGA of Alberta Tournaments (2 points/round)
- Tournament Performance (2 points/round 73 & under)
- Hosted a Sanctioned Tournament (employing facility) (1 point/10 players hosted)
- Mentorship Program (Mentor) (5 points)
- Mentorship Program (Mentee) (2 points)
- Involved in a Committee (2 points)
- Volunteering at PGA on Wheels events (2 points)